In this month’s newsletter, we would like to highlight the benefits of using our superheated steam dryers for biomass and pellets, since we are featured in Bioenergy Internationals Pellet Special.
Drying is a costly and energy-demanding stage in pellets production. With Exergy Superheated Steam Dryer the water that is removed from the wet product is turned into steam thus allowing 80% of the energy input to be recycled. The raw material is also conditioned in the drying process increasing output and quality from pellet mills.
We analyze our customers’ needs to provide effective drying processes that lead to a cost-effective complete
solution with high productivity and energy efficiency.
LOW OPERATING COST
• 150 kWh/ton water evaporation – Energy saving
• Few rotating parts – High availability and low maintenance cost
• Pellet production cost reduced by 10%
COMPACT AND DURABLE DESIGN
• Small footprint, built on height – Save on land
• First plant built 1979 and still in operation – Long lifetime
ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY AND SAFE
• No emissions to the atmosphere – No VOC or odor treatment needed
• Oxygen-free – No fire and explosion protection systems needed
ADDING VALUE TO YOUR END-PRODUCT
Exergy steam drying technology does more than just drying. The dried pellet receives many unique benefits and improvements compared to other drying methods.
• Steam conditioned product
• High durability pellets
• Precise and uniform moisture
• Open fiber structure
• Improved combustion properties
Read more about us in Bioenergy’s latest release “Pellet Special”
Swedish Exergy has been featured with a two page article about our history, technology and its benefits.
Read the article here or by clicking on the picture below.
“For a wood pelleting plant using green feedstock, drying is the single most energy-intensive process. Therefore, to reduce the carbon footprint in pellet making, the focus should be on the drying process”